Saturday, July 21, 2007

Digital portrait

I used my son as the subject of my portrait, and as game as he was in the begining he really didn't like staying still for so long! He is a very expressive child so when I asked him to be calm and expressionless he was a bit confused. He was also confused at my use of a reflector...but he was very interested in how it worked! But I think that he finally got it and I was able to get some great pictures for the photo album!

My two favorites are of him with the brick background of the fireplace. I really liked how the light from the window bounces off his face. I chose to make the photos black and white because I think it helps to bring out the open and honest expression and feel that I was going for. I feel that the pictures below definately captured that in his expressions.

1 comment:

Jerry said...

Good going on using a reflector... it really helps...

Try a few where you use the telephoto zoom on your camera instead of the wide angle, that will render his face with better proportions.