Saturday, July 21, 2007

Macro Project

It was so hard to pick from my macro selection. I shot some beautiful and delacate flowers. My favorites are below.

When my son cupped his hands around the delecate flowers I just fell in love with it. He did it so tenderly that it really created an image and a moment instead of just a picture. I thought the flowers were lovely in their simplicity and vivacity of color. The hot pink contrasted with the white and green is just striking. I loved playing with the focal black and white on this one, as well as several other macro pictures. I really think it helps to highlight the color of the flowers.

This was of a rosebud in my father's garden. I just enjoyed the classical simplicity of this picture. The red rose fading out into a black and white background touched me as romantic and I love how you can really see all the delecate folds of the petals.

1 comment:

Jerry said...

The hands cupping the blooms is a wonderful shot.. The second one as well.