Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Arch's of Yale.




So I guess that I have an for arches, Yale University has some incredible architecture new and old. I've worked here for years and still find new and cool places to see. The picture above was taken outside Heindre Hall at the Yale School of Music and leads out to the New Haven Green. The Ivy goes up over 6 stories high but can only been seen from this ally way that most people never see. The building is set to be torn down in 2008 so its nice to have these types of photos before the new building goes up.

Below is another arch gateway at Yale leading through to a garden and then eventually another street behind it. I walk this way everyday and have never noticed this spot until I went looking. I really wanted to move the hose but the gardens weren't to sympathetic to me asking. I'm not sure why but I really like the arch ways i've seen, most like this one have the mid-evil style door that leads to stone gardens and walkways.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jerry said...

The metaphor of passageways of light is a strong one and makes for a great subject... it works really well in black and white as well... The Gothic architecture around Yale (even though much of it was built in the 20th century) lends a humanizing scale to perceive and work with photographically...

Have you created a fotothing portfolio yet? Post the url so I can add a link from the class blog.

Mangler said...

Hi Jerry,

I'm going to email you the link as well. I created my fotothing site at the beginning of class and added you as a friend but I must have missed a step.

http://www.fotothing.com/bm222/

please let me know if there is something else that I need to do.

Thanks
Bryon