Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Several sides of Boston


I went to Boston this past weekend and got many wonderful shots. Unfortunately, I had planned to take pictures on Saturday and since it was overcast, I had some difficulty catching good lighting. I played around with the effects in Picasa and I think it really helped to compensate. Working with the muted tones gave the pictures an aged feel which lent itself well to one of the oldest cities in this country. The church to the left was a magnificent piece of architecture dating back to 1670. The texture and detail was very rich and I enjoyed playing with the coloring to bring out the earthy tones. I will be posting more of the church on Fotothing.

The shot below was irresistible. I have several without the fence in the foreground, but I liked how the fence gave the feeling that this particular area was somehow separated from the rest of
the city. I thought it added to the run down, abandoned, industrial feel of the photo.

Yea! Light! I captured this one after my excursion to the Museum of Fine Arts on Sunday. Located just behind the museum, I spotted this building on the way back to the car and felt it had a similar feel to some of my shots from the previous day.

1 comment:

Jerry said...

The church shot is much stronger for the editing you did to it... Just about every image you ever post should be edited for light, contrast, color saturation, etc... it is how we lead the viewer to see what we were feeling at the time the exposure was made. It is in short what intentional and artistic photography is about.