Monday, June 18, 2007

Minor Martin White

He started studying plant biology (Botany) with a minor in English, to poetry to photographer, to studying aesthetics and art history; he was an editor, curator, and co-founded the magazine Aperture, he taught at Rochester Institute of Technology and MIT...I wonder what he did in his spare time?

When I see a photograph that I connect with either spiritually, emotionally, or mentally, and then the photo lingers in my mind after it is no longer in my sight, I'm glad to know it has a name - "Equivalence" - reading the suggested articles help me identify with what I am trying to convey, and builds my "photo lingo".

Thanks!
Susan
skim

1 comment:

Jerry said...

Great Sue... I do appreciate your commenting on your reading!

When I was 19 or 20, I wrote to Minor when he was teaching at MIT.. I went up to his home in Arlington, Ma and spent a Sunday afternoon with him.