Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Shadows and Light Week 4



These are my shadow and light entries to our blog. I was able to borrow my friends camera for the moon shot. With his camera (a Nikon D50, real nice! Thanks Ross) I was able to attach it to my telescope to get the moon photos. I took it with the intention of getting the shadow line of the moon in better detail, but after 50 or so pictures, I was not able to get the results that I wanted. I felt this photo was the best of the bunch I took. The shadows on the moon are awesome and very dimensional when viewed through the telescope and that is what I was hoping to capture that during this shoot. The cloud photo was taken while I was at a car show and a storm rolled in. The definite line of the storm cloud and the blue sky was amazing.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Great Shots! Amazing photos of the moon.

skim said...

Those clouds are amazing, they look like waves in the ocean. Thanks for sharing your photos.

Jerry said...

Excellent attempt on your moon shot! As you discovered, this is technically difficult... You need to know about optics, time exposures, moving objects... (The moon relative to the earth) and much more... This is how we grow technically though...We take on a problem and then study everything you can on the subject in order to solve it.

Michelle said...

Love the moon shot. The sky is very interesting. I like how it looks like you are capturing a storm coming. Good job!!